The main objective of this broader international project is to assist in professional development of young professionals, future experts and partially representatives of political parties in the field of international relations, security and foreign policy. Presentations and interactive discussions are realized by well-known experts from Slovakia, as well as international organisations. The Summer School is focusing on young professionals from V4 countries, Eastern Europe, Balkan countries and South Caucasus. The number of participants is about 30 annually. The total number of participants has hitherto been more than 250 from 20 countries. The successful participants are receiving certificate and they become a member of NYP – Network of Young Professionals. In 2015 CENAA is organizing the 10th Summer School for Young Professionals.
The Summer School will enable you:
– to experience an interactive weeklong forum focused on the current issues of the security policy, mainly in the form of interactive discussions, lectures and workshops led by top speakers from various international and Slovak organization,
– to challenge yourself in many ways, test your leadership skills and expose you to cross-cultural experiences,
– to deepen your academic knowledge and provide you with better overview in security policy issues,
– to enlarge personal and professional networking with people of the same interest,
– to enjoy the environment of the Armed Forces Academy of General M.R.Štefánik in Liptovský Mikuláš, located between the beautiful High and Low Tatras.
If you are interested in more detailed information please feel free to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Call for applications
Centre for European and North Atlantic Affairs (CENAA) together with its partner Armed Forces Academy of General M. R. Štefánik (AFA) in Liptovský Mikuláš, Slovakia is organizing the following educational event:
Summer School for Young Professionals 2015: Challenges of Global Security Environment
June 20-27, 2015
Armed Forces Academy of General M. R. Štefánik, Liptovský Mikuláš, Slovakia
If you are a master or doctoral level student of political science and/or international relations, or a young professional who is interested and active in the foreign and security policy issues, then we would like to invite you to join other students from Central Europe (V4), South Eastern Europe (Western Balkans), Ukraine and South Caucasus in an interactive weeklong forum focused on the current issues of the security policy.
You can enjoy the environment of the Armed Forces Academy in Liptovský Mikuláš, located between the beautiful High and Low Tatras. The structure of the teaching at the summer school is aimed to provide you with the basics of the security policy background and overview of the current security issues such as Ukraine, ISIS, NATO partnerships, NATO Future operations and much more.
One of the main objectives of this international summer school is the preparation of young professionals – future leaders from mentioned regions – to act in the foreign and security policy. Interactive discussions and lectures led by top speakers from various international and Slovak organizations will therefore focus on open exchange of ideas and interaction of participants from different backgrounds. There will be many side activities besides the classroom lectures and discussions – dynamic workshop, trip to nearby High Tatras and city of Liptovský Mikuláš, receptions, Airbase in Sliač and others.
The teaching language of the summer school is English. At the end of the school, you will receive certificate of course attendance issued by the Armed Forces Academy.The Summer school for young professionals will challenge you in many ways, test your leadership skills and expose you to cross-cultural experiences. We hope the summer school will be an educational experience you will never forget!
The deadline for receiving your application is April 19, 2015 (Sunday). You will receive the information on your acceptance within max. two weeks after this deadline. If accepted you will be provided with complete details regarding the summer school.
1. Educational background – CV
2. Abstract – 2 pages (max. 4000 characters) – Topic: The Future of European Security Architecture.
Abstract should be a brief summary of chosen topic.
Participation fee is 150 EUR (accommodation, travel costs and meals are included).
Mobile: +421 904 497 865
Previous Summer Schools (programs)
- Summer School for young professionals 2014
- Summer School for young professionals 2013
- Summer school for young professionals 2012
- Summer school for young professionals 2011
- Summer school for young professionals 2010 (SSYP 2010 Poster)
- Summer school for young professionals 2009
- Summer school for young professionals 2008
- Summer school for young professionals 2007
- Summer school for young professionals 2006